The United Benefit Advisor Health Plan Survey contains the validated responses of 17,113 health plans sponsored by 11,413 employers, consisting of approximately 6.6 million total lives, which is by far the largest and most comprehensive health plan cost / plan design survey ever conducted.
The survey report provides vital benchmark statistics on hundreds of health plan factors. The data enables employers to compare their plans with those of similar employers based on type of industry, number of covered employees, or location.
The results are of tremendous value in helping employers evaluate the effectiveness of their current plans and to knowledgably make future adjustments to keep their benefits both competitive and cost-effective.
More than 11,000 employers with data in our proprietary UBA Benchmarking Survey Report can be categorized within the Regions above, in addition to a by State category and a National category.
Benchmarks allow employers to gauge a wide range of factors:
- Are company premiums above or below the norm?
- Are the levels of contributions we require our employees to pay in line with our competitors?
- Are copays, deductibles, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums for our plans in line with national averages?
- How do our annual premium increases compare to other employers in our area?
- How do our prescription drug benefits fare?
- Are we in step with the cost-containment strategies being implemented successfully by other companies in our industry?
- What about Consumer Driven Health Plans, HRAs and HSAs, employee consumerism, wellness programs and health risk assessments, chronic disease management programs, domestic partner benefits, and flexible spending accounts?